Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Laundry Room Gallery Wall Update

A few weeks ago, I wrote about my laundry room gallery wall and how I was looking for a smaller letter R (or something else) to fill in the gap there.  Well, I didn't find a letter R, but I did find something to go in that spot.




I was at Hobby Lobby the other day and they had a small display of fall decor for -get this, 90% off.  When Christmas is near and fall decor goes on sale, I look for home decor since most of my house is done in fall colors.  I found this plaque and knew it would be the right size for the laundry room.


  The green on the plaque would match the walls, and the other colors would go well with the light fixture in that room too.


The best part was that the plaque only cost $0.60.  It was originally $5.99 but with the 90% off sale I got it super cheap!  I love a bargain.


I decided to hot glue this clip onto the plaque so I could change out a favorite saying or photo whenever I wanted.  This clip was originally blue so I just spray painted it with the same flat white spray paint I used for the picture frames in that room.



And since I was adding more fall colors into the room, I had to change out the paper that was in the oval frame so it would compliment the plaque better.  The colors in the paper before were mostly green and blue, so this new paper adds a touch of orange.  I just used scrapbook paper that I had on hand and cut it to fit the frame.  One of these days I may get around to putting a picture in the frame and the striped paper would act as the mat.


I also needed to figure out a way to hang the plaque.  It came with a cute ribbon, but hanging it by the ribbon would make the plaque hang too low.  I wanted the bottom of the plaque to line up with the bottom of the security system on the left and the mirror on the right.


So I improvised by adding some picture hanging wire to the ribbon


I tucked the ribbon behind the plaque when I hung it up.  I love how it adds some more color to the room.  Now I just need to figure out what cute saying to print out and clip onto the plaque.


Here it is from a different view.




And one final before and after: