Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Reading In Bed Can Be Dangerous

The other night, shortly after we sent the kids up to bed, Sweetie Pie comes out of her room saying she needs a band aid. She sounded very upset so I ran upstairs to see what was the matter. She said she fell down and hurt her finger. After close examination, she had torn the skin off in three different places - ouch!   I put some band aids on it and then asked her what happened. She said she was trying to put a book away. Who knew reading in bed could be dangerous? Anyway, it wasn't until the next morning that I noticed a large bruise on her cheek.


She said that happened when she fell trying to put her book away. She didn't mention it because it didn't hurt as much as her finger. What a tough girl. So now I am thinking what can I do to prevent any more reading injuries. We can't ban reading in bed.  Maybe her room just needs a little rearranging. You know how I like to move furniture around......