Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Bathroom Closet Organization

Last week I wrote about how I rearranged things in the Spencinator's room and because I just can't work on one thing at a time, I was also reorganizing the kids' bathroom closet.  
Well I'm back to day to show you what I've done.

Here's the BEFORE pictures of what I started with:

The top shelf housed our beach towels, some cleaning rags and some extra bathroom accessories like a rug and shower curtain.

The shelf second from the top held some baby lotions and such, as well as my nicer towels (the tan ones).



The third from the top shelf, or second from the bottom, depending on how you look at it, had the hand towels and a bin of wash clothes.  (It is the top shelf in the picture to the left).

The bottom shelf is where I stored the kid's towels and a bin of misc stuff such as detangling spray and band-aids, extra tooth brushing supplies and extra soaps/shampoos.

Then there was this wasted space below the bottom shelf.  Extra wire shelf thingys were stored there along with some towels that had fallen.


At one point I had tried to organize.  I used some drawers left over from a broken plastic organizer thing, to store the misc. stuff.



Storing all the washcloths in the drawer wasn't working for me either.  It just looked messy because I had too many to fit in there.

DURING



I started out by getting rid of the extra stuff we didn't need like the extra shower curtain and rug.  That freed up more space up top to store the beach towels and cleaning rags along with some cleaners.

The second from the top shelf still housed the extra baby stuff plus my nice towels and their matching hand towels and wash cloths.

The shelf third from the top had a bin of band-aids and tooth brushing stuff, a bin of hair accessories (from my daughter's room) and a bin of extra soap/shampoo.

The bottom shelf had the kid's towels, wash cloths and hand towels.

Everything was folded so nicely and looking good.
I still needed to do something about that wasted space at the bottom of the closet.  I was thinking of getting some sort of organizing drawers.  As luck would have it, I found exactly what I needed at a yard sale last Saturday for only $3.

It was also last Saturday that we decided to help out a family member by having them live with us for a while. It's a good thing I had started to organize this closet.  Once I put in the new storage drawers, I had an extra shelf and a half for all of her bathroom items.


AFTER:


Oh and the storage drawers are somewhat baby proof.  I have them slid all the way to the left wall of the closet which makes it impossible to open them.
You have to move the storage drawer unit to the right a bit so you can open the drawers.  Not a big deal to do, and it makes it safer for the Babes.
Now when I open up the kid's bathroom closet, I am happy to see such an organized space.



Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to. If you like this post, be sure to click around to see what else I've done. Follow me using one of the options on the right sidebar so you don't miss out on any of our craziness.

Thanks!
Christa