Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Inspiration For The Weekend - 29

I'm looking for a piece of furniture to go behind the sofa in our living room.  Our sofa floats in the room and the back of the sofa is when you enter the front door.  I'd like to have something unique that makes a statement, and has storage space.  I have certain measurements in mind such as 58-72 inches long and 28-30 inches high so it isn't longer or higher than the sofa.  I've been searching craigslist and yard sales but haven't had any luck yet.  I'm thinking of an older piece of furniture, maybe even a dresser or bottom part of a china cabinet.  I like the idea of cabinets or drawers to hide stuff better than open shelves.

Here are a few ideas I found on Pinterest:
source

source

source

source

source

source



Anyone else have an older piece of furniture as a statement piece in their home?  Did you keep it original or did you paint it?  I'm thinking of painting some of it a rustic red color like in the last picture, but not sure I can convince the hubby of that.  I'll keep you posted as to if and when I find the perfect piece.


Every Friday I do a post called "Inspiration For The Weekend" where I share something that has inspired me in some way.  Sometimes I'm inspired to create, do something, learn or change.   I hope you'll find something that inspires you too.

Have a great weekend!
Christa