Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Matching Pictures

We've had this empty space in our master bathroom that has bothered me.  It's above the tub and to the right of the towel bar.  It seems like something should be there but I just haven't found the right thing yet.


I found this large Debra Lake flower print at a yard sale a couple of years ago and hung that on the adjacent wall since that is the wall you see when you walk in the room.

I've been on the look out ever since for something to hang next to the towel bar and that would match that large print.
Well the wait is over.  I was at a yard sale last week when I found these two prints also by Debra Lake so I figured they'd go well with the existing print I had.  I got both of them for $1.

The light wood frames didn't go with my master bath decor.  The vanity is dark wood and all the tiles are off white.  So I just spray painted them a vanilla color which is an off white, so they'd match the tile.


All that was left to do was to hang them.  And that's when I noticed that there wasn't any hooks or anything to hang them with.

No problem.  I just hammered on these little saw tooth picture hanging hooks (or whatever they are called).

And voila!  I finally have something that matches on the wall next to the towel bar.

This is the picture I hung above the tub.   I like how the rose/peach colored flowers go well with the color of our walls.


I hung the other picture above the toilet.


You can see it looked a bit empty before.

And the picture above the toilet did match my existing picture....exactly.  So that's why I didn't put that one next to the towel bar.  It would have been way to obvious that they were the same.


It feels good to put the finishing touches on a room.  I just need to get a valance that matches better and I think I'll be good to go - as far as decor.  Organizing the master bath closet is another story.  And whenever I get that done, I'll be sure to share.