Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Our Good Deed Santa

For the past couple of years we have been doing an Advent calendar and this year I was going to use the mini muffin pan one that my mother in law made for us.  I got it out and rather than fill it with treats, I was going to write an activity on a slip of paper and put that under each number.  I was planning to think of an activity the night before and add that to the pan so there would only be one slip of paper in it at a time.  We even started doing this on December 1st.... and then we forgot about it.
We were still doing some sort of holiday activity each day/evening but I forgot to write it on a slip of paper and put it in the muffin pan.  And the kids forgot about it too.  So I packed this away for next year.

While browsing Pinterest one day, I saw this Santa advent  and wanted to do it, I really did. It seemed like something we could start part way through the month too.
But as usual, things are crazy around here and I forgot about it until a few days ago.  The kids were acting up and I wanted them to think about others, so I modified this idea a bit and called it our "Good Deed Santa".

Instead of adding a cotton ball for each day, we are adding a cotton ball for each good deed we do.
Here is what our "Good Deed Santa" started out looking like:
Yeah, I know he's not as cute and jolly looking as the original, but I had to put this together quickly or else it would never get done.

And here he is after a couple of days of good deeds:

It's nice to be able to recognize the kids for their good deeds and they can visually see all the good they are doing.  I also like how this brings the 'Spirit of Christmas' into our homes by having the kids help others.



Thanks for stopping by,

Christa