Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Cute and Simple Gifts

Yesterday in my Christmas recap, I mentioned some of the gifts that were a huge hit with our kids.
Today I'll share a few gifts I received as well as some I gave.  These gifts would be good for neighbors, teachers, and family members who seem to have everything.  They don't have to be just for Christmas either, think Valentine's Day, birthdays, mother's day, etc....

One of the easiest gifts to give is pictures of my kids.  You don't even have to get professional portraits done.  I just had my kids pose at home and then used PicMonkey to edit it.  This one was for my grandmother.


I used another picture of my kids along with this cute quote to create a gift for my sister.


Below are some cute gifts I received from the same person for the last two Christmases.  I think she has great taste.  

These are cute, inexpensive decor items that would look great in any home.  I think they both came from Bath and Body Works.  Christmas 2011 I got the candle sleeve.  I love how the light flickers and shows off the designs.  And the soap sleeve really dresses up a plain old bottle of hand soap.  I want one of these for the soap dispensers in all my bathrooms, and kitchen too.   Oh, and of course I'd have to match the color of the soap with the color of the room it's in.  Does anyone else do that?  Coordinate the color of their soap to the room it's in.  Please tell me I'm not the only one.
 

Even Sweetie Pie got crafty and made a gift for her friend.  She has a 'create your own ice jewelry'  kit and wanted to make matching necklaces for her and her best friend.  I didn't have any pictures of them together so I had to snap this picture of them getting off the bus.   


Once again I used PicMonkey, I turned the image into a coloring page and erased the background.  From there I had to downsize it to a one inch square and print it out.
Sweetie Pie colored it and added it to the necklace.  

I think it turned out cute.


What cute and simple gifts did you give or receive?
I'd love to start getting ideas for next Christmas and other holidays throughout this coming year.


Thanks for stopping by,
Christa