Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, November 8, 2013

thankful grateful blessed DIY sign

I loved this saying that I saw on Pinterest and wanted to incorporate it into some simple Thanksgiving decor.
Using PicMonkey I created the following text to use as a guide when adding the words to my wood.



I started with a scrap piece of wood cut to a approximately 9 inches square.


I painted it with some exterior paint we had laying around in our garage.


Then using the printout from above, I traced the letters onto the wood using a Sharpie marker.
I sanded the edges and since I was putting it outside I gave everything a clear coat of outdoor sealant.


Here it is displayed on the front porch.


This was my inspiration photo which you can find on Pinterest HERE, although the link doesn't work.
Once I saw this, I knew I wanted my sign to go outdoors.  We have three pumpkins in the same colors from Halloween that we never got around to carving.  They would be perfect with the sign.


Here are some more pictures of the pumpkins, sign and my little photo bomber.





I would love for you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.