Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Snow Ice Cream

We've gotten so much snow here in PA and the kids have missed so much school.  One thing we did with all that snow and time on our hands was to make SNOW ICE CREAM.




I tried out 2 different recipes and one was definitely better than the other.  Then I tried to make it even better by adding some chocolate. 

Recipe #1:
4 cups snow
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

I mixed that all together and it tasted pretty good.  Not as good as ice cream, but not too bad.  

I should have stopped while I was ahead.

Recipe #2:
6 cups snow
1 can sweetened condensed milk

I mixed that together.  When it came time for tasting, I couldn't even swallow it.  It was that bad.  The sweetened condensed milk was overpowering and awful.  

So then I thought I'd try to make each recipe better by adding chocolate.


The first recipe was better with chocolate, but the 2nd recipe, well there was no helping that one.

I took things one step further and added some hot fudge sauce.  


Oh, that was good.  While it wasn't anything like ice cream, it did remind me of those summer days of my youth when Mom would take us out for snow cones.  I loved getting a chocolate snow cone with chocolate sauce on top.  And speaking of summer, it is getting warmer in PA.  We are finally above freezing temperatures and the snow is melting.  


Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.