Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, July 14, 2014

Customize A Skateboard with Vinyl

 A few weeks ago my husband came home from a yard sale with this large skateboard.  We have a couple of kid sized skateboards, but this one was adult size.  I think it's technically called a long board but don't quote me on that.

As you can see my husband had to try it out first before handing it over to our son.


There was what my son called an "inappropriate" picture on the bottom of the skateboard.  It was a scantily clad mermaid.  He didn't want it on there so we just painted over it with some flat black spray paint.  And ever since I got my Silhouette Cameo Vinyl Cutter, I've been looking for ways to use it, so I said we could add some vinyl to it.  He knew just want he wanted it to say "BEWARE DANGEROUS RIDER".  

My husband also got a few black and white stickers/decals from a local shop to add to it.  Now he can ride in style.


Oh, and even I at 6 months pregnant have been using the skateboard.  It makes a great seat for pulling weeds.  The wheels let me roll up and down the sidewalk to get to the weeds without having to move much.  

And I didn't leave our Sweetie Pie when it came to cutting vinyl.  She has started flute lessons this summer, so we prettied up her flute case by adding some flowers and her name to it.  We bought her instrument but even if you were renting one, you could do this since the vinyl is removable.  This is also a great way to tell kid's instruments apart, to make them stand out in the crowd.


If you have a vinyl cutter, what things have you decorated with vinyl lately?



I would love for you to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.