Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Bye Bye Playset

Call me crazy, but with a 3 year old and a new baby on the way, I decided to get rid of our playset. 



The older two kids don't really play on it.  And yes, it would get used by my 3 year old and the new baby, but, I was tired of telling them not to play on it.  

You see, our yard gets rather wet.  Not just when it rains, but days afterwards too.  And some of the rains are more like floods.  The slope from our neighbors yard doesn't help either.  In fact, it looks more like a river back there.  See what I mean?


So rather than having to tell the kids it's too wet to play back there, and having my poor husband mow around it each week, I finally decided to let another family enjoy it.  I should have done that years ago when I realized it just wasn't working in our wetland of a backyard.  It feels so good to have one less thing to worry about.  And I think the view looks better too.


My kids aren't without a playset.  There is a local park within walking distance so when they want or need to play, we just go there.  The park is better than our little playset anyway, plus it forces me to get some exercise rather than just watching from the patio.


 


I would love for you to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.