Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter 2015 recap

We had a fun filled, family visiting, food eating, faith promoting Easter.  We really focused on the Savior and the last week of His life using the activities and videos from HERE.  

Life got busy and one of our kids spent a few days at Grandma's house so we didn't do everything on that list, but we did try to catch up on Sunday.  

We also made these delicious resurrection rolls on Sunday.  I've seen the recipe floating around on Pinterest for a couple of years now and finally decided to try it.  I was pleasantly surprised that they actually worked!  


They were really easy, I just used THIS recipe.  All you do is coat a large marshmallow with butter, then dip in a cinnamon sugar mix and place inside a crescent roll and bake. After they come out of the oven, the marshmallow has disappeared.  There is some symbolism with each ingredient so be sure to read all about it HERE if you want to do this with your kids for next Easter.  Next year I may have to make two batches because they were so good.


Here's some more cute kid pictures of my two youngest.  Love the bunny tights my 4 year old is wearing.  And I can't believe my little man is 6 months old already.

We like to focus on the true meaning of Easter on Easter Sunday so we do all the Easter baskets and egg hunts on Saturday.  This year since Sweetie Pie was spending the week at Grandma's we did our Easter baskets on Tuesday before she left.  This gave me the idea to do Easter baskets on the Monday after Easter as part of Family Home Evening.  Then I could buy the Easter candy during the day on Monday when it's all on sale.  Maybe I'll try it next year. 

As for this Easter, we visited my parents the Saturday before Easter and did more Easter baskets, an egg hunt and egg dying.  

Several other family members came over to join in the festivities and to celebrate my grandmother's 94th birthday.  

Here's a picture of the oldest and youngest members of my family:

The kids got some pretty neat stuff for Easter.  Since the girls love horses, they both got a chocolate pony instead of the traditional chocolate bunny.  They also got some swim wear, books and summer clothes - all useful stuff, I loved it.  


They did get a pretty neat toy called a Heli Ball (amazon link in case you want to check it out).  It hovers above you hand and if you raise your hand, it rises.  Somehow it turns off when you point any remote at it and press the remote's off button. Here's a video to show how it really does hover. 






If you are looking for more ways to celebrate the true meaning of Easter, check out the ideas HERE

How was your Easter? 



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.