Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Fudgy Oatmeal Bars

There is never a dull moment when you have 4 kids.  And just because I'm an "experienced mom" doesn't mean I've got it all figured out.  Each kid is different and just when I think I know how to handle something, I get thrown a curve ball.  Between spring break, sick kids, problems at school and some feeding problems with the baby, I haven't had much time to blog.  So today, I have a short but delicious post for these Fudgy Oatmeal Bars.


I followed THIS recipe from High Heels & Grills.

It said to check the bars after 15 minutes and if they were browning, to cover the pan with foil.  Well, mine never did brown and after baking for 25 minutes they still looked like they weren't done on the top, so I baked for an additional 5.
Below you can see how they looked before I put them in the oven and after they were done.  They didn't brown much at all.


And because less is never more when it comes to desserts, I added some ice cream.  Since I couldn't wait for the bars to cool down before eating them, ice cream was the perfect topping.



They did taste a bit under-cooked so when I make them next time, I'll bake them for 30 minutes.  Other than that, they were soooooooooo rich and delicious.  

Nothing works like chocolate to make your day better.



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.