Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Monogrammed Burlap Pillow

It's been another busy week around here.  Lots of appointments and meetings trying to help my son who has Asperger's.  All of these meetings can be a bit stressful and emotionally draining.  But I do feel we are making progress.  Middle school has not be easy for him, and I'm glad we (the school and us) are working together to get him the help he needs.  So glad the school year is almost over, even though there is a flurry of end of the school activities such as art shows and concerts.  Soon it will be summer and things will slow down, right?  Who am I kidding, we'll still be busy with camps and day trips and such.  Although I do think I can sleep in, if only for an extra half hour.

For today's post I thought I'd share an easy project I did a few months ago as part of a Relief Society church activity.  We made these monogrammed burlap pillows:


The burlap was cut to size and sewn into a pillow case, envelope style.
Freezer paper with the initial cut out (using a Silhouette or Circuit) was ironed onto the burlap.

Using acrylic paint, the initial was painted.  There was a paper on the inside of the pillow case so the paint didn't bleed through to the back of the pillow case.

Once the paint was dry, remove the freezer paper, stuff with an old pillow or stuffing/batting.
I put mine in the dining room on this old bench.  I love how it adds a bit of rustic to the space. 


I made one for my sister too, just used a different type of stencil. 


So easy and so cute.  



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.