Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Prevent Apples From Turning Brown

Here's a quick and easy trick to prevent your cut up apples from turning brown.  This would come in handy when packing your child's school lunch.  I know school is out, but you could also do this for summer camp or road trips.


Lemon juice.  That's it folks.  It's so simple and it really works.  
I just put some cut up apple slices into a zip lock baggie and sprinkled in a very small amount of lemon juice.  Too much juice and your kids can taste the sourness.  I've heard that club soda also works, but we didn't have that on hand.


 I've seen this idea floating around on Pinterest and had to try it out for myself after cutting up some apples for dinner one night and having lots of left overs.  Guess the kids weren't in an apple eating mood.  Or maybe they actually filled up on the main dish and didn't have room for this tasty snack.  

The picture below shows what the apples looked like 2 days later!  That's right, these apple slices were in the fridge for 2 days and were still good enough to eat.  I don't know how long they'd last as we ate them all after 2 days, but it would surely work if you pack lunches a day in advance.


Oh, and if you are looking for a most delicious dip for these apples, you have to try my easy fruit dip found HERE.  It's only 4 ingredients and I always get compliments when I make it.




Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.