Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

4th of July 2015 recap

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July.  I'm finally getting around to posting about what all we did.  We were pretty busy and I loved every minute of it.

I got the kids all dressed up in red, white and blue for their annual 4th of July picture.  The baby has been mobile for a couple of months now and it's harder than ever to get a good shot of him, this is the best I could get.


And here's the previous years pictures.  I love looking back and seeing how much the kids have grown.


Sky Zone was having a buy one get one free sale so we started off the day with some jumping.  The girls jumped almost non stop the entire hour.  The Spencinator loved being able to jump off the 'walls' of the trampoline.  Even my hubby joined in on the fun.  They also had dodge ball games and a foam pit to jump in.  As the day went on, it got more crowded so it's a good thing we went early.


Saturday night we went to a local patriotic concert.  This little band was great and the conductor was a bit of a comedian.  Afterwards they had an illumination ceremony where they lit candles and we followed the trail to the end where we could roast marshmallows and make s'mores.  


Sunday night we went to another concert.  The US Army Concert Band played and sang lots of patriotic songs.


The last song included cannons.  A man's personal collection of civil war cannons went off and started the fireworks celebration.  I've never been so close to the fireworks, they were wonderful - so big and bright.  It was a great way to celebrate.  



With all that noise, you'd think this little guy would have been in awe or fussy, but no.  He actually fell asleep.  I guess when you're a baby and you're tired, you just gotta sleep no matter where you are or what's going on.  






Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.