Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, July 27, 2015

Pioneer Day Fun

Friday was Pioneer Day, the day the first Mormon Pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley back in 1847.  

We celebrated with a fun pioneer activity put on by our church primary.  


There were pioneer stories and butter making...

sack races...

a sunflower seed spitting competition...

and tin can stilts.

The kids had so much fun but I think the tin can stilts were the favorite.  My 10 year old didn't want to get off them.


We also held a Pioneer Day Family Home Evening on Sunday.
We used the song, thought, lesson and treasure hunt ideas found HERE.

I also included this "I Am A Pioneer" video which lead to a discussion of modern day pioneers, and how we can be a pioneer.



As for the treat, we made covered wagon cakes.  They sort of look like a covered wagon, right?  The kids didn't care.  It was chocolate, cookies and marshmallows so they loved it.








Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.