Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Ding Dong

Several weeks ago a guest rang our doorbell and it crumbled under the pressure of his super human strength.  Just kidding.  He used regular strength to ring the bell and it just cracked.  Our house is about 13 years old but let's face it, this doorbell doesn't look high quality so I guess it was just a matter of time before it broke.  


And since we had to replace it anyway, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to upgrade the look of our front porch with a non plastic doorbell.  The yellowing plastic color didn't really go with the rest of front door.  So when it was time to upgrade I went with something that would match the door handle and lock better.  But first, I'll tell you about my doorbell replacing adventures.  You see, DIY is never as easy as it should be for me and this task was no exception.   



Step 1 was simple enough.  I just unscrewed the existing doorbell.  



Step 2 wasn't bad either.  I unscrewed the wires from the old doorbell and attached them onto the new doorbell.



Step 3 was to screw the new doorbell on.  That's when I felt like a ding dong.  My old doorbell was a flush mount and this new one had a recessed mount.  



I wasn't about to let that stop me, so I got out the chisel and made a nice little hole for the back of the doorbell and wires to fit it. 



Now, back to step 3:  screw the doorbell on.


I also realized the new doorbell isn't the same shape as the old doorbell so the white base paint color shows through.  Oh, well, that will be a project for another day.  I'm declaring project "Replace Doorbell" complete.

And here's my little helper making sure it works.  Which it does, phew!
I love how the gold-ish brass color matches with the rest of the door.







Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.