Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, August 3, 2015

Homemade Slushie

On a hot summer's day, I love to cool off with a refreshing ice cold drink.  I love chocolate but it's not the most refreshing thing to drink, even if it is in the form of a chocolate milkshake.  When it's really hot, I crave something fruity.  I saw THIS recipe for a homemade slushie on Pinterest and just had to try it.  It's really easy to make and uses Kool Aid so there's a variety of flavors to choose from.  We used strawberry.  
 

All you do is add the Kool Aid mix to the blender, 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup of sugar and 4 cups of ice. 

And for an even creamier treat, you can top it off with some vanilla ice cream to make a Slushie Float.



If you have an easy to make, refreshing summertime drink, I'd love to hear about it so please share your recipes in the comments.  Thanks.



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.