Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Primary Talent Show

Wow, it's November already.  This year is flying by.  Before you know it, Christmas will be here.  And yes, I've already started my Christmas shopping.  I shop year round because when I find a good sale I buy it and pack it away for Christmas.  But before I talk about holiday stuff, I'd like to share something we did way back in May.  Our church Primary (the children's organization of our church) hosted a talent show.  



One end of the gym was a stage, complete with red carpet, curtains and lights.  On the other end were tables for food and various displays.  Not every child performed a talent such as singing, dancing or playing an instrument.  Some children had their artwork, poems, or Lego creations on display.  I thought that was a great idea because it allowed every child to participate. 


My older daughter played the flute, and my younger daughter who was 4 at the time, did her own interpretive dance to the song "Flight of the Bumblebee".  

 

The song is about 3 minutes long, and yes, she spun in a circle the entire time.  I don't know how she didn't get so dizzy and fall over.  Below is a short video clip of the performance.  It's shaky because I was juggling a baby on my hip, so sorry about that.   Also, you can't see the funny part at the end, so I'll just have to explain it.



 The idea for this 'dance' came from this ad for Raid that my mother in law saw on line.



So at the beginning of the performance, the sheet music to "Flight of the Bumblebee" was projected onto the screen.  At the very end of the performance, the image changes to the Raid ad and my older daughter comes out with a huge can of Raid causing my little bumblebee to flee the stage.

As for how we made the huge can of Raid, it was two oatmeal canisters taped together and spray painted blue.  I cut the letters out using my Silhouette and taped them onto the 'bottle'.  I added a water balloon filler-upper-top that I found in our garage.



Have your kids ever been involved in a talent show?  What were some unusual talents that were presented?



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.