Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patrick's Day 2016 recap


Here's what we've done all week to have some fun with St. Patrick's Day.

Rainbow Fruit Skewers


The kids had this as an after school snack and then with dinner we had more rainbow fruit.



We also had Clover Cookies


These were just sugar cookies that I cut into clover shapes using a cookie cutter.  I don't have much success with cookie cutters so I just made one clover cookie per person and the rest were circles.  Oh and having a cute helper is always fun.



We also had green pudding.  The kids don't like pistachio pudding which is already green, so I made vanilla pudding and just added some green food coloring.



On St. Patrick's Day we had some fun with Leprechaun photo props.


Even I got into the Irish Spirit.


I must say, I think we do look happier than the people advertising the product.


 The St. Patrick's Day fun didn't stop there.  We even tried to catch a leprechaun.  My 5 year old made this trap.  We didn't catch any leprechauns, but he did leave us some gold.


It was a gold digging kit and she had so much fun finding her little nugget of gold (pyrite).


Here she is hard at work, digging away.


Getting closer.


She found gold.


She was so happy to have this golden rock.



Usually I have gold coins for the kids, the chocolate kind.  I didn't find them this year.  I also didn't look very  hard either.  Anyway, my older daughter was disappointed there wasn't any chocolate (she definitely takes after me) so I had to bake something chocolaty.  Brownies with some green icing clovers on top.  This yummy after school snack made up for the lack of chocolate coins at breakfast.  Oh, and of course breakfast was Lucky Charms.



And here's my littlest guy looking all cute in his leprechaun shirt.  



We've had fun with this holiday.  If you want to see what else we've done, click HERE for the previous post.



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.