Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Manicure In A Jar

Last month was my sister's baby shower.  I already wrote about some of the cute favors (click HERE to check out that post) so today I'm finally getting around to sharing the cute prizes I made up.   I decided to use mason jars to create a "manicure in a jar".   This isn't an original idea.  I got my inspiration from Pinterest and just tweaked it to make it for a baby shower.



Since my sister is having a girl, I tried to find things that were pink or in pink wrapping to place in the jar.  I added a manicure set, tissues, hand sanitizer, gum and nail polish.  




The invitations were cut out like a baby onsie so I used that idea to create a tag to place on the mason jar.



I also spray painted the tops of the mason jars pink to pretty them up.



I also added some cotton balls at the bottom to keep things in place.  



You could easily change out the color scheme and put blue items inside for a boy baby shower.  Maybe not blue nail polish, but clear nail polish and blue gum, blue tissues, a blue lid and tag.  That would be cute too.  And let's not stop at baby shower gifts, because you could use this as a Mother's Day gift or a Teacher gift too.


Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.