Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

How to Clean Ballet Slippers

My older daughter has been taking ballet lessons for several years.  Right after school let out, she had her dance recital and of course wanted to look her best.  The ballet slippers she'd been wearing all year have gotten pretty dirty.  Rather than buy her new ones, I tried to clean up the old ones.  I didn't even bother checking Pinterest or Googling "how to clean ballet shoes", I just got out my Magic Eraser and went to work.


Here is what her shoes looked like before:

And after: 


Here's a close up before and after for comparison.  They aren't totally clean, but they are noticeably cleaner and it took very little scrubbing on my part.



Now she's picture perfect for her performance.



Anyone else had to clean ballet slippers?  How did you do it?


Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.