Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, July 22, 2016

Waterproof Your Car Seat

This summer my 5 year old took swimming lessons.  With a toddler in tow, we didn't take time to have her change out of her wet swim suit and into dry clothes before heading home.  
I didn't want her booster seat and the back of the car seat getting all wet and smelling like chlorine so I came up with a way to keep the seats dry.


I just used a waterproof baby pad.  This one is about the size of a diaper changing pad and allowed me to keep the back of the car seat dry too.  This fits over the booster seat, and would also work on the 5 point harness car seats and the regular car seat itself.  


Here you can see my daughter hard at work learning to swim:


She's such a little water bug.  


Getting some one on one instruction.


On the way home, and my car is staying dry.



I used a similar method for protecting a car seat during a long road trip.  Click HERE for the details on that one.



This trick not only helps keep car seats dry (a life saver when potty training or on long road trips when a diaper might leak), but also helps to keep crumbs contained and keep the original car seat cleaner.




Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.