Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Duck Donuts Tour


Now that school has started, I only have one of my kids home with me during the day.  We meet up with a group of moms and their preschoolers from church once a week.  Sometimes we meet at a playground and let the kids play, other times we go on a field trip.  Earlier this week one of the ladies in our group scheduled a tour of Duck Donuts.  They recently came to the area and since I've never heard of them before I wanted to see what they were all about (and eat donuts).

The guy who worked with our group of preschoolers was very nice.  He took up to the semi private room in the back away from the ordering counter.  I'm guessing this room could also be used for parties.  He gave each child a Donut Shoppe hat so they'd feel like official donut makers.  


Then he helped each child dip their donut into the icing, put it on a plate and pour sprinkles on it.


The kids were so proud of their creations.  And they couldn't wait to eat them.


Of course the preschoolers couldn't be the only ones to eat donuts.  Us moms had to order some too.  While waiting for our order, the kids had fun watching the donuts being made.


There are so many combinations to choose from, it took me a while to decide.  Here is what I ultimately ordered, and yes, I had to sample every one to make sure it was delicious.  When the kids came home from school they had a donut waiting for them, and each one was puzzled as to why a slice was cut out of it.


Overall, it was a fun experience for all of us.  The place was clean, friendly and the donuts delicious.  With all of the topping options, ordering them is half the fun.



Anyone else visit a Duck Donuts lately?  What did you think?  Are you planning to schedule a preschool or homeschool tour?



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.