Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Make your own Unicorn Gift Bag


My youngest daughter turned 7 earlier this month.  I'll have to do a post about her party but for now, I'll give you a preview by showing you this cute unicorn gift bag that I made.  




It was pretty simple and now I'm thinking I could take this idea and make a bear gift bag, or maybe a monster or dinosaur one for my soon to be 3 year old little boy.  

I started out with a plain white gift bag.  I had this in my gift bag stash (yes, I save the bags people give me) so I didn't need to buy one.  It was kind of big but it worked out.


I used some tan/gold paper to make a unicorn horn.  I just drew in pencil, traced it with pink marker and then used some metallic paints to shade in the left side.  Then I cut it out and taped it to the center front side of the bag.


I also used white and pink card stock to create ears and taped them onto the bag.  I used a pink marker to draw the eyes.   As for the unicorn mane, I found some glittery flower stickers and just used those.  You could also use ribbon or cut out some fringed paper.  
  

And here's the finished bag.  I love with you can tell what it's supposed to be, that means I must have done it right.


My daughter was excited to open it and loved the fact that it was a unicorn.



My inspiration for this idea came from TIKKIDO and here's the link to her version of the bag.  She has a more detailed tutorial and even includes a video, so be sure to stop by her site and check it out.




Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.