Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Moving Fish

This summer went by way too fast.  Between vacations, camps and summer school, we were definitely busier than in previous years.  I loved it though, and am a little sad to see it come to an end. But, they must go back to school.  I can't believe it's the second week of school already.  Granted last week and this week are just 4 day weeks for them, but I'm glad they (and I) can ease back into our new routine.

The other day, I saw this video on how to make a moving fish.  It looked easy, so we just had to try it.  krokotak.com has all kinds of cute paper crafts for kids to make, be sure to check it out for yourself.


The video and pictures at that link show each step in creating this moving fish, so I'll just show you our finished product.  I made these with my 2, 6 and 12 year olds.  Of course I helped my 2 year old cut and glue but he wasn't very interested in making it.  My 6 year old tried to do it herself and got frustrated.  But my 12 year old was able to complete it on her own.  She enjoyed making it more than playing with it, whereas my 2 year old loved playing with it.  Later that day we went out and he had to wear it on his hand during the car ride.  So I'd say this craft is more for older kids to make and younger kids to play with.  



They were pretty easy to make and didn't take too long either.  You could do all sorts of colors and shapes of fins, making an entire school of fish.


And speaking of fish, check out this whooper my little guy caught while on vacation.




Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.