Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Kids Picture Frame Redo

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think."

I love that quote.  I find it to be encouraging and cute at the same time.  I believe it is from the 1997 Disney movie "Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin".  It is something Christopher Robin says to Winnie the Pooh.

I knew I wanted to display that quote so this is what I did:

Before:






There were three old sports pictures in plain brown wood frames in the Spencinator's room.  He's not really into football, soccer, or basketball so the theme wasn't something I wanted to keep.  Since the quote has three parts and I had three frames, I decided to print out each part of the quote, and place it into its own frame.


And for a little something extra, I spray painted the frames blue to match his decor better.  



I balanced the frames on old jars so I could paint all sides at once without having the frames get stuck to anything.

Here is what it looks like after:



I know it is hard to tell when they are hung in his room, but it looks nice in person.  Also, notice how I don't show much of the Spencinator's room.  There is a reason for that.

Here is one of the frames before and after:






Pretty cute and pretty simple.