And so the house must get back to its pre-Christmas state.
But not before putting up another Christmas tree.......
I wanted to make sure the pre-lit 9 foot Christmas tree I purchased (mentioned in this POST) actually worked.
I didn't want to store it all year and pull in out next Christmas to find out it is broken and needs to be returned.
So I set it up right next to our old Christmas tree for comparison.
First off, it was way easier to set up. It only has 3 parts. So right away, I am liking the new tree. Plus it is pre-lit. The old tree isn't. This year I had problems finding a strand of lights that all worked and ended up throwing away 3 stands because half of the lights were out. Yes, I did meticulously plug a working bulb into each non working space and still couldn't get all the lights to work. That frustrated me so much, I began my search for a new pre-lit tree.
Here is part 1:
Here's part 2:
This is the part of the process that Kevin walked in on, and he said to me, "you know, it isn't much taller".
And part 3:
Then it was time to pack away both trees. Our old tree has hundreds of branches.
The corner was looking pretty bare: