Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Milkshakes WITHOUT Ice Cream

I like my sweets. My favorites are ice cream and anything chocolate.  
So it comes as no surprise that my favorite sweet treat is a chocolate milkshake.
However, we don't always have ice cream in the house.
That doesn't mean I still can't have a chocolate milkshake.


I've found a couple of recipes online (don't remember where) of how to make an ice cream-less milkshake. I've tweaked and combined some recipes to make what I think is a pretty good substitute for the real deal.






Milkshake made without Ice Cream:

3 cups milk
1 pkg. (4-serving size) Chocolate Instant Pudding
1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
1-2 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup ice


Blend in blender. Then enjoy, hopefully while the kids are napping or playing outside so you don't have to share :)  


The pudding mix makes it thick and the ice makes it cold, so it tastes pretty close to a real ice cream milkshake.
And if you don't like chocolate as much as I do, use vanilla pudding mix and put in some fruit. Fresh or frozen, even canned would work if you squeeze out the juices first.
You can try to sneak in some flax seed, or add a bit of oatmeal to make it thicker.
It's not an exact recipe, so feel free to play around with ingredients and their amounts to customize it to your taste buds. 


Anyone tried a no ice cream milkshake before?  How do you make yours?