Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Finish

Be sure to check out the bottom of this post for my Hey Girl-ified version of my man.

OK, I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions, I just make goals or decide to change whenever I feel like it.   I'm really good at planning and starting things but not so good with the follow through and finishing of things.  Maybe that also contributes to my lack of resolutions.

One reason I started this blog was to make myself more accountable.  If I start some project, I'll be more motivated to finish it because I'd like to blog about it with you.  So lately I've been thinking of a goal for myself which I have summed up in one word:  FINISH.


Oh, and be sure to check out the bottom of this post to see how I "hey girl-ified" my man.

I need to finish what I start.  There are a lot of projects and rooms in my house that need to be finished:  all three bathrooms, the playroom, the laundry room, Sweetie Pie's room..... the list could go on and on.

So last week, I got all my 2011 pictures put into a digital scrapbook and ordered it.  Nothing like waiting till the last day to use a coupon to motivate you.  I'm also a bit of a procrastinator too.  So now I'm thinking I should get up to date with scrapbooking all my other photos.  Along with finishing some projects and rooms that I have started.

A few things I have completed are listed below.  I'm hoping that actually finishing things will be the motivation I need to keep plugging along and finish more things.  I don't know if I loose steam when doing a project and that's why it doesn't get done, or if I just loose interest/get distracted and start a new one.  It's probably a combination of both.  What do you do to keep motivated and finish a project?


First thing I decided to finish was to rehang that painting in our office.
I had this painting hung in our office on the previous picture's nails which were too low.


I was thinking I could just tighten the picture wire on the back so that there would be less slack and that would be enough to raise it up.  You know so I wouldn't have to hammer more holes into the wall.  Why am I so against that?  This painting would cover them all up.  Anyway that wasn't going to work so I did have to hammer more holes in the wall.


The painting looks so much better at the proper height.


The second thing needing finishing was to stain the picture frame in the kitchen.
This frame fit Sweetie Pie's first grade painting perfectly but didn't match the color of our cabinets, or any other wood in the house.


I just used Minwax Wood Sheen in a cherry stain since that's what we had on hand.  It took two coats and a little touch up work by my husband to get it to this beautiful cherry color.


I like how it really makes the stand out from the wall rather than blending in with the background.


And it looks so much better next to our kitchen cabinets too.



I also got my husband to attach the bookcases to the wall so they won't tip over in the playroom.  Since I'm storing the books on the top shelves, I didn't want the kids to take off all the toys on the bottom shelves and have the bookcases be top heavy and be easy to tip over.  Plus I could see the Babes trying to climb them so I wanted them to be sturdy.  We didn't attach them to the wall in the living room since no one really used them.   The bottom shelf was the only shelf the Babes used and we were usually there with her.


So after about a week of having all the books on the living room floor, I finally put them on the playroom bookcases.

 

I reused the bins from the Ikea trofast toy storage unit that was in the Spencinator's room and then moved to the playroom, but want to switch them out with something less plastic looking.


Tell me I'm not the only one who has trouble finishing things.
What do you do to keep yourself motivated and get a project completed?


Oh, and for those of you who like Downton Abbey, even Sesame Street has parodied the show.  Check out this link for more info and a video of the Sesame Street version:  Upside Downton Abbey


And one more thing for today's post.
You know those Ryan Gosling “hey girl” memes that swept pinterest and set unreasonable standards of boyfriend- and husband-perfection for our real-life men.  In case you don't know what I'm talking about (this is for you mom), here's one below:


Well, I think they are hilarious and apparently so does Kelly from View Along The Way.  She decided to have a "Hey Girl" link party where you "hey girl-ify" your man.
So this is my man all "hey girl-ified":





Because you know as soon as I'm on the phone, the kids all need me and start fighting.
What do you think?
Be sure to check out Kelly's link party here for some other funny "hey girl-ified" guys.


Thanks for stopping by,
Christa