Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, March 1, 2013

One Shoe, Two Shoe, Red Shoe, Blue Shoe

source
It's Dr. Suess' birthday on Saturday, March 2nd.  The kids' schools have been having themed days all week long.   I love themed days and am glad Sweetie Pie likes it too.  It makes it so fun to get ready in the mornings.  For mis-match day she wore stripes on stripes with animal print leggings, a Halloween necklace and one Santa sock.   


Oh and check out her nails:

Then there was crazy hat day.  We didn't get too wild.  She just wore her princess crown:

For crazy hair day she wanted braids and curls.

We divided her hair into four sections, leaving a few stray pieces hanging out.  I braided each section and curled the loose pieces.

While I didn't dress up for these themed days, I realized I do have some fun shoes that go along with a Dr. Suess story:  One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.

Most of my clothing is pretty neutral - jeans or khakis with a solid colored top.   However, I do like to have fun with my shoes.  

So here's my tribute to Dr. Suess with my
One Shoe 
Two Shoe 
Red Shoe 
Blue Shoe.  

What do you think?  Fun or just funny looking? 

How do your kids celebrate Dr. Suess' birthday?
Anyone else have some brightly colored shoes?

Thanks for stopping by,
Christa