Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Displaying Christmas Cards - old and new, yours and theirs

I'm still recapping some of my Christmas happenings since I took a bloggy break for a few weeks over the holiday.  Today I'm sharing how I displayed my Christmas cards.

It seems like every year I display our Christmas cards differently.  However this year I think I found a solution that works and looks good.  I actually received some compliments about it so I know I'm not the only one who thinks it looks good.   I usually hang some garland and bows up the stairs, but this year I also hung our Christmas cards from there too.  


I just attached them to the garland with clothes pins.  


You could get fancy and even decorate the clothes pins by coloring them with a Sharpie like the ones below.
Or you could cover them with fabric or paper using Modge Podge.

The boys even liked my Christmas card display, although I think that is because they found an alternative use for it - - - target practice
(Luckily, no cards were harmed in the shooting)


You can find more Christmas card display ideas HERE.
So all those ideas are great for displaying new Christmas cards that you get from others, but what about displaying previous year's cards?  So many people send a family photo as their card and it can be hard to throw those away when you take down the Christmas decorations.

You could always make a book out of them like Eleanor did over at Oh Louise!

If you don't want to display or save the Christmas cards of year's past, but you still can't bear to throw them away or just like to save the really cute ones but don't know what to do with them, you could always turn them into next year's gift tags like THESE.

Finally, what to do with the photo Christmas cards you send out.  I love the idea of displaying them so you can see how the kids have grown.  Sharon from Mom of  wrote a guest post about how she displays hers.  Check it out HERE.

How do you display your Christmas cards?  And if you keep them, what do you do with them?


I would love for you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.