Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, November 21, 2011

I Love a Good Bargain

I love a bargain.  When I'm out shopping, I head straight for the clearance section.  Even if I had the money to pay full price, I still prefer the satisfaction of getting a good deal.  So much so that 10 - 25% off doesn't seem like much of a deal to me.  That's why I love after holiday sales where you can find things at 75% and 90% off!  In the summer we love to go to garage sales in search of bargains.  And when I say we, I mean the whole family.  We get up early (well, just as early as we do for school) and head out to find those bargains.  A few days before hand, I check the local papers and craigslist to see what yard sales are going on.  I map out an efficient route, with the neighborhood sales being our top priority, and print out the directions.  You never know what you are going to find.  A lot of people have a lot of junk and we just do a drive by, we don't even get out of the car.  But every once in a while, you find a great deal which makes the hassle of getting 3 kids up and ready by 8am worth it.

Over the summer, I found these cute dresses:




They are identical dresses in size 18 months and size 8.  My girls were only 6 months and 6 1/2 years old at the time.  But I knew that the dresses would fit come winter.  Plus the lady was only asking $1.00 each!  And the little one still had the tags on it!  There was no way I was passing that deal up.


And since I didn't want to wait till Christmas time for the girls to wear them, here they are all dressed up for church yesterday.



Don't they look adorable?  OK, I'll admit I was never a fan of the whole matching outfit thing.  Growing up, there was the rare occasion, when my mom did dress my sister and I alike and I hated it.  But now that I have my own kids, I think it is so cute.  And my 7 year old daughter actually wants to match her sister.