Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Quick and Easy Bird Feeder

Earlier this week, the kids went to a craft and story time at our local library and made these super easy bird feeders:




It's just a toilet paper roll with some holes punched in it so you can tie some yarn through.
It was coated with shortening and rolled in bird seed.

With daylight savings time, it was dark by the time we got home, so we had to wait a couple of days (until it stopped raining) so we could hang them.


The Spencinator was very particular about where on the tree he hung his bird feeder.  He was so concerned for the birds saying, "they have to have a place to perch"


I think the can eat comfortably perched in this location, right?

And on my way back inside, I spotted this guy:


Yup, a praying mantis.  We get them every year.  Here's a closer look:


Reminds me of Manty (wasn't that his name?) from A Bug's Life.