Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Get Rid of that Toilet Bowl Ring

OK, I'm going to talk about something gross.  That yucky ring inside the toilet bowl.

If you have hard water which leaves mineral deposits inside your toilet bowls, then you know how hard it is to keep your toilet looking clean.  I'm almost too embarrassed to post these pictures, but I just had to share this quick and easy trick to cleaning that ugly ring on the inside of the toilet bowl.

This is what my toilet looked like after I had cleaned it.  I just used some toilet bowl cleaner I picked up at the store, squirted it in there and scrubbed with a toilet scrub brush.  I didn't flush so the water level would be low.  See that nasty ring around the bowl.  No matter how much I scrub, it's still there.  Cleaning more frequently doesn't help with it either.




I read somewhere (probably on Pinterest) about using sandpaper to get rid of the mineral deposits.  So I put on some gloves and grabbed the first piece of sandpaper I could find.  It was 150 grit in case you are wondering.


After very few minutes of scrubbing, I mean my hand wasn't even sore and I didn't even have to break a sweat, the toilet was clean.  Just look at this sparkling white toilet now!  I don't think my toilets have ever looked so good.  I wish I had found out about this trick years ago.



Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to follow me so you'll never miss out on the craziness around here.  You never know what I'll post about next.  I seem to jump around from room to room and project to project.

By the way, thanks for all you suggestions and comments regarding what to do with my breakfast room.
I'm taking my time to figure out the best purpose for the room and will let you know what we decide.

Christa





This post was featured at:
I was featured on Practically Functional













linking up to: http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-7/