Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, June 9, 2014

Homemade Carpet Cleaner


We have light carpeting in our bedrooms.  It came with the house.  Obviously the people who lived here before us didn't have kids.  Needless to say, the light carpet gets dirty and stained from who knows what.

Being pregnant, I didn't want to use chemical laden carpet cleaners to remove the stains, so I turned to Pinterest to find a more natural solution.  I was pleasantly surprised that it worked.  Plus I had all the ingredients on hand so I didn't have to leave the house.


The recipe I used was from HERE.

I followed these simple steps to get rid of the spots.  There were actually two areas of stains and I only cleaned one area, thinking it probably wouldn't work and I'd try something else on the other stained area.  It worked so well and still looks great after 2 weeks, so I'll use the same process to clean the rest of the stains.

Here is the stained area before:


Step 1:
Sprinkle baking soda onto the stains and brush it in.


Step 2:
Pour some white vinegar on top. You can see it bubbling up. Brush that in.




Step 3:
Use a rag to soak up any moisture then let it dry.

Step 4:
Vacuum.


Here are the before and after results:



Have you ever made your own carpet cleaner?  What did you use and how were your results?  This was so easy I'm going to try it out on other carpet stains around our house, like that chocolate stain in the living room.



I would love for you to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.