Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

DIY Foaming Hand Soap

Here's an easy and inexpensive way to make your own foaming hand soap.  I got the original idea from HERE and just had to try it for myself.  It really does work.

I love the foaming hand soaps.  With 4 kids, 3 of which can wash their own hands, the foaming hand soap means less soap is wasted per washing.  So when I heard of a way to make your own foaming hand soap for so much cheaper than what you can buy it for at the store, I just had to try it.

To create you own foaming hand soap, you can use any kind of regular hand soap, water, and an empty foaming hand soap dispenser. 



I received these awesome hand soaps as a Christmas present.  But they are not the foaming kind.  I loved the smell of them and thought they'd be even better if they were the foaming kind, so this is what I used to create my own foaming hand soap.  


Most of my foaming hand soaps were almost empty, so  I just compiled them all into one dispenser.  That left me with several empty foaming hand soap dispensers to work with.  I filled each foaming dispenser with several squirts of the regular hand soap.  I didn't measure the amount.  I added enough to cover the bottom.  A little really does go a long way with this stuff.  Then I filled the rest of the dispenser up with water.  That's it.  I haven't noticed any difference in my DIY version compared to the store bought version.  They both work great.


The regular hand soap is cheaper than the foaming kind, plus you only use a little bit of it.  I filled up all my foaming dispensers and still had lots of regular soap left over.  I'm sure this will last me several months if not a year.  The great thing about the soap I used is that it's colorless so it will match no matter what sink it's next to.   My next step is to take off the store label.  Maybe I'll even create my own label.





Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.