Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Laundry Room Gallery Wall

In my last post I talked about wanting a letter R as part of my laundry room gallery wall.  So today I'll show you the before and after of that wall.  Keep in mind I still haven't found my little letter R to fill the empty spot. I might even find something different, but I'll know it when I see it and until then it will just have to look like it's missing something.

When we moved into this house about 5 years ago, the laundry room was painted this bright celery or sage green color.  I liked it (and didn't feel like painting) so it stayed.

There is a security system panel on this wall that I wanted to conceal by adding more stuff around it.  I had seen various other gallery walls such as those listed here, here and here.  I knew I could do something similar in my laundry room.  Since the washer, dryer, cabinets, trim and doors were all white, I decided to paint the picture frames white to keep it all looking cohesive.  I had all the frames and just painted them so this whole project only cost about $4.00 for a can of flat white spray paint.




  I just put a piece of scrapbook paper with colors that matched the room in the oval frame.  The smallest rectangle frame is a quote I found here, that I just printed on my computer.  I thought it would be nice to look at when I feel like I'm doing 'just laundry'.  It's a quote by LDS prophet Gordon B. Hinckley and says, "Women who make a house a home make a far greater contribution to society than those who command large armies or stand at the head of impressive corporations."


I think it looks much better.  I especially like having a mirror on this wall since the laundry room leads to the garage and I can check my hair before I leave.  I'll keep you updated as to when I find something to fill in that gap.  Anyone else do a gallery wall?