Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my first blog post.
I hope you enjoy your time here and come back often to see what I've been up to and how I'm keeping it all under control.
I love being a stay at home mom, but being home so much and looking at my house (and mess) makes me want to change things up.  Sometimes rather than cleaning, I'll do a DIY project or redecorate or rearrange furniture.  The other day I finally painted the grills on my fireplace.  I have seen so many other people do it and blog about it and it looks so much better than the gold that was originally there.  We're not really digging the whole gold accent thing, we prefer brushed nickel or oil rubbed bronze.  So I mentioned my idea to the Hubs and he didn't say no.  I'll take that as a yes and about a month later, I finally got around to painting them.  I had some flat black paint from another project (guess I'll blog about that later) so I used that and it matched the fireplace perfectly.  Here is the before:

 and after:


It was so easy, I don't know why I was so scared to do it.  It turned out great and we love it!