Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I feel like I got a lot accomplished this weekend.
Yesterday I mentioned that we went to our town's Christmas parade and got to see Santa.  Well over the weekend we also put up and decorated our Christmas tree.

Ta da:




We inherited this artificial Christmas tree from some friends who were moving and didn't want to take it with them.  We've had it for about 6-7 years and I think it still looks OK.  Some of the branches have fallen apart but with careful decorating, you'd never know.  It is about 6 feet tall but looks so small in our foyer with its tall ceilings.  I am hoping to get a 9 foot or taller tree during the after Christmas sales at the end of this year. Hopefully next Christmas our basement will be finished and this 6 foot tree can go down there and we'll have the much taller tree in the foyer.  That's what I'm hoping for anyway.  

  Growing up, I think we always had a live Christmas tree, or at least that's all I remember.  We'd go out and hunt for the perfect one and the girls would watch while Dad chopped it down all by himself.    Since I've been married, we've only gotten a live tree twice.  And for a couple of years, we had no tree since we didn't have kids and weren't home for the holidays anyway.  Of course, now that we have kids, putting up the tree is a tradition we can't skip out on.  And since the kids are older, they can decorate too.  While I bite my lip and try super hard not to re-arrange the ornaments after they've gone to sleep.  Yeah, I'm kinda obsessed with things being balanced and each ornament in the perfect spot.  I just have to keep in  mind that the kids are having fun and I don't want to make them feel bad by un-doing what they've done.  I only helped them a little this year, okay maybe a lot but they really didn't mind.

So without further ado, this is our tree decorating process:



The Spencinator as he lassos the garland around the tree.

That beaded garland looks lovely doesn't it?  It's just calling for help.

So I had to straighten it out, just a little.

Sweetie Pie decided to make an ornament.  She said she'll provide us with an ornament like this every year.


And the finished tree:


Every time The Babes walks by the tree, she says, "ooooooh".  I think she likes it.



Who else has their tree up?