Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thrifty finds

Thursday was my son's holiday party at school.  I mistakenly thought the party started at 1:45, and after I arrived the teacher told me it started at 2:45.  Luckily I spared my son the embarrassment of going into class early (with my one year old in tow) because the kids were out to recess and I saw the teacher in the hall.  She was nice and said, "at least you got the '45' part right".  She suggested I go shopping and come back at the right time.  Great idea, but where to go.  His school isn't close to any stores except a grocery store, and grocery shopping didn't sound that fun to me at the moment.  Then I remembered there is a thrift store a few blocks away.  So that is where I headed.  They have a discount store in the basement and the 'regular' thrift store on the main level.  Of course being the bargain hunter that I am, I hit up the discount store first.  All kid's clothing was .50 and adult clothing was $1.00.  The Spencinator can wear out pants quickly, he's always on the go so his pants really take a beating.  And of course I had to shop the girls section too, just in case they had some cute pants for my getting-taller-by-the-minute Sweetie Pie. They didn't have much in my kids sizes, but I was able to find a pair of sweat pants for the Spencinator and two pairs of pants for Sweetie Pie.  All for $1.50 - what a bargain!


Whenever you're at a thrift store, you have to double check the quality of the clothing.  I couldn't find anything wrong with these pants, no stains or rips.  And they are name brands!




I just love finding a bargain!

And here is a picture from the holiday party:
The kids had quite the turn out and they all performed wonderfully.