Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Be Prepared

I like to be prepared.   I'm a planner too, so maybe it comes with the territory.  While I'm not prepared for everything, I like to take some preventative measures to make my life easier.  So when the stomach bug hit our house a few days ago, starting with the Spencinator and making its way around to nearly every member in our family.  I wanted to make cleaning up all that puke as easy as possible.  Sleeping with buckets or trashcans by our beds for a few days was the norm.  You know, just in case you got sick in the middle of the night.


But what do you do for a baby who sleeps in a crib and can't get to the bucket if she starts to get sick in the middle of the night.....


Well this is what I did.



First, I moved her crib away from the wall.  Then I put some towels down around it.  Hoping if she threw up and it went out the side, it wouldn't hit the wall or dresser and would land on the towels instead of the floor.   There would still be a mess to clean up and I had my spare matress pad, sheets and blankets, plus extra pj's ready to go.  Didn't want to be fumbling around looking for all that if I got woken up in the wee hours of the morning. 

I can't say if it worked because thankfully she didn't throw up overnight.  But I am sure throwing towels into the washing machine would have been a lot easier than getting out the steam cleaner at 4am (yes, we've already done that).

Anyone else have helpful hints for sick babies?