Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Movies

My mother in law came up over the weekend and Kevin and I took the opportunity to enjoy free babysitting and go to the movies.  The Hunger Games was playing and according to a lot of my friends on Facebook, they were going to see it.  I've not read the books and for whatever reason it didn't seem very interesting to me.  I'll probably watch it when it comes out on video, but I just wasn't into seeing an action packed movie that night.

So we went to a small local theater and saw The Iron Lady.    Apparently a lot of elderly people didn't want to see The Hunger Games either as we were the youngest people in the audience.  And we are in our 30's!  Not to make us sound older than we are, but  Kevin and I both enjoy documentaries and history type movies so I thought this would be a good choice for us.



Spoiler Alert!
If you don't want to know about the movie, stop reading here.

I didn't know what the movie was about, just that it starred Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher.  I just thought it would be about her becoming and ruling as Prime Minister.  Well it sort of was, however that was the flashback to her dementia / mental problems due to her husband's passing.  So I didn't like the film as much as I thought I would.  However, the company couldn't have been better.  And the upside to seeing a movie with a bunch of elderly folk, no one was talking or texting on their cell phone.

So, anyone else see The Iron Lady?  Or did you all go to see The Hunger Games?