Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pots and Pans Organization

This summer is turning out to be busy, just like last summer, and I am loving it.  I'm running the kids around to various camps, activities, and trying to do fun stuff at home.  However, I still managed to squeeze in time to organize my pots and pans.  Actually I bought this lid organizing rack a couple of months ago and finally got around to using it.

Here is what my pots and pans cabinet looked like before:
 Not too bad, but lets take a closer look:
I know I have a lot, more than I need, although we do use most of it.  The pile of pans in the front right corner is toppling over because of the pot on top, and there is a jumbled mess of lids in the back right corner.

And here is what it looks like now:



I didn't remove anything, just rearranged it.  It was a quick and easy fix.  I bought one of these lid organizing racks for about $7 and put my lids in it.  It has four slots to hold lids, but I was able to put more than one lid in a slot.  For my larger pots that don't stack, I kept the lids on them, sometimes turning the lids upside down so the pot would be easier to get in and out of the cabinet without the handle sticking up.


I've also seen the lid organizing racks used to hold pots and baking pans themselves as shown here:


and here:


That would take up too much room and I have way to many pots and pans to do that.  See how this makes the entire left side of the top shelf pretty much un-usable?  It's great for getting a pan in a hurry, without having to lift the other pans out of the way, but I've never had a problem doing that so I am sticking with my space efficient system.









As for how and where I store my baking pans and sheets:
I keep my cookie sheets, muffin tins and pizza pans on their side in the narrow cabinet to the right of my oven.
 I have 3 cookie sheets, one pizza pan, 2 silicon muffin pans, and 3 metal muffin tins all in there.  There is a shelf in the back that has my round pie pans and a silicon bundt pan on top.
 My baking/casserole dishes are stored in the drawer under my oven.
 I have four baking dishes stacked on top of each other on the left side.  Two square dishes in the right rear corner, and 4 bread pans in the right front corner.  They are all stacked together and when I need one, I don't mind lifting them all out to get the one I need.  Again, it is really space efficient.



So how do you keep all your pots, pans and baking dishes organized?

















linking up to:
http://organizeyourstuffnow.com/wordpress/
http://www.houseofhepworths.com