Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, June 4, 2012

R flat

I was trying to be funny with the title of this post.  I think it would be funnier if our last name began with a B instead of an R.  Get it, B flat, but since this is about the letter R, I titled it R flat.  OK, I guess it's not so funny if I have to explain it to you.  But now you know how my mind works.  

All the way back in November I painted this letter R, as mentioned in this post for my living room gallery wall.  I used flat black spray paint.  And although I liked it much better than the original gold color, over time it seemed, well, kind of flat.  There wasn't really any dimension to the color.  


So I decided to spray paint over it lightly with some Oil Rubbed Bronze.  I used ORB for my quick and easy mailbox upgrade and loved it, so I thought I'd give it a try here too.  Now the letter has a bit of a shimmer to it which really picks up on the texture.  It's not a huge difference, but it's enough to make me happy.


Hmmmm, what can I paint next with ORB?