Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Inspiration For The Weekend - 38

On Fridays I like to share something "inspirational".  A lot of my inspiration comes from someone else's creativity, and I'd like to share that with you too.

Last weekend Sweetie Pie turned 8 and was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.    You can read more about that HERE.  

Every celebration needs a good dessert.  So being the creative genius copycat that I am, I searched the Internet for some ideas.

Here is what I found:
This is a cute baptism cake

CTR stands for Choose The Right, appropriate for choosing to be baptized.

Since we were also celebrating her 8th birthday, I thought something like this would be fitting.

It also looked simpler than the first two.  Simple as in the shape, not the decorative icing.

Sweetie Pie requested a peanut butter cake with peanut butter icing.   My mom has made that for parties in the past and it's become Sweetie Pie's favorite kind of cake.   I asked my mom to make it in the shape of an 8.

There are two ways to do this:
Make two bundt cakes and put one cake above the other so it looks like the number 8.
OR
Make two circle cakes, cut out the middles and put one cake above the other so it looks like the number 8.

My mom did the latter and here's how it turned out:


Sweetie Pie loved it!



And it was delicious.



What kind of cakes have you made (or gotten your mom to make) for your kid's birthdays?



Thanks for stopping by,
Christa