Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, November 19, 2012

Rug Rearranging

I don't just rearrange furniture, I rearrange my rugs too.
Just like the bookcases in the living room seemed awkward to me, so did the rug.

It was centered against the couch, fireplace and tv.

It wasn't centered with the plaid sofa, and there was so much white space in front of the tv, making it seem like the rug was too small for the room.  Well, that may be the case, but rugs are expensive, especially ones that are 9x12 and larger, so I'm going to work with what I have.  FYI: the red rug is 5x8 and we got it for $20 at a yard sale.


I decided to change the position of it to see if that would make a difference.

It's still centered against the leather couch and the tv.

But now it's also centered in front of the plaid sofa.

And although it's not centered with the fireplace, it feels more centered in the room and I like it so much better.

In case you were wondering what that eye sore fish toy in the room is
It's a rocking fish that the Babes loves.  She laughs and says, "wock and woll" while rocking back and forth.  Believe me, if she didn't like it so much and play with it so much, it would have been long gone.  But since it provides her with such joy, we're keeping it around a little longer, despite the fact that it looks hideous in our living room.



Back to the rug:
What do you guys think?  Do you like the 'after' as much as I do?


I still think a larger rug would be nice, so I'll have to keep an eye out for one next summer at yard sales.
Until then I think this new arrangement is working out just fine.
Oh, and all those chairs and stuff by the fireplace are looking like clutter to me.  I'm already working on getting rid of some things and rearranging some others.  Plus I'm still thinking about the best use for the breakfast room.  I'm thinking of turning it into a playroom/sunroom, but want to make sure it will be something that grows with our family since it won't always be a playroom.


Thanks for stopping by,
Christa