Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Good and Grateful Receiver


In case you haven't noticed, I'm taking a break from blogging for a little while and have just been sharing some scheduled posts with holiday messages.  The kids have off school and my husband has off work so I'm enjoying my family.

Here's another great message about giving, this time of being a good and grateful receiver.
Sometimes it is hard for me to accept a compliment without discounting it or making it seem like I don't deserve it, but I realize that's not being very nice to the giver.

During the LDS Christmas Devotional earlier this month, I President Dieter F. Uchtdorf gave this talk and I just loved it.  

He talks about how "one of the great joys of Christmas (is) seeing the excited faces of little children as they take in their hands a wrapped gift that is just for them.... As we get older, however, our ability to receive gifts with the same enthusiasm and grace seems to diminish."

He says that "in addition to giving good gifts, we (should) strive to become good and grateful receivers."

Other great talks from the First Presidency Christmas Devotional are found here and here.





Hope you all are enjoying time with family and friends too.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Christa