Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Nacho Ordinary Potatoes

Found this recipe for Nacho Roasted Potatoes from Architecture of a Mom.


That's her picture of the delicious potatoes all smothered with cheese.
I neglected to take a picture of how mine turned out since I started eating them right out of the pan, they were that good.

I usually make potatoes with the Lipton Onion Soup Mix recipe and no one comments on those.  They are just OK, but this new recipe got rave reviews so I know I'll be making it again.

Kevin loved them.  He said it had a kick to it.  He likes things spicy, but the kids and I, not so much.  It was a bit too spicy for me, I liked the flavor but had to have about 3 glasses of lemonade to drink with it.  Next time I'll tone down the Cajun seasonings.

So here's the recipe with my modifications:

Nacho Roasted Potatoes

2-3 red skinned potatoes, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 tsp (or more to taste) spicy spice (or cayenne pepper) mix - I used Cajun seasoning
1 tsp cumin
kosher salt to taste - I didn't have this on hand so I just used regular salt
8 oz shredded cheese
Any other things you might put on nachos: sour cream, jalapenos, tomatoes, and so forth

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix oil, spice mix, cumin, and salt in a large bowl.
Take diced potatoes and toss in oil/spice mix.
Take a metal cooling rack and place on a sheet pan. Spread potatoes out on metal cooling rack.  (I just used a baking sheet)
Bake for 30 minutes, or until done.
Spread cheese onto potatoes and bake 5 minutes, or until bubbly.  (At first I forgot this step and started eating them without the cheese.  They were so delicious.)
Place toppings on top, to taste.


What new recipes have you tried lately?


Don't forget to vote for me in the Creating with the Stars contest.

Monica and Jess from East Coast Creative are having a Creating With The Stars contest.  CWTS is the ultimate creative DIY competition that pairs 12 contestants with 12 of blogland's biggest stars to duke it out over 4 weeks. Only one team will make it to the end to claim the Grand Prize. The best part? You, the readers, choose the winners!



I've decided to submit one of my more popular posts, my flexible meal planning / kitchen command center.
You can check out the original post HERE.


The first 11 contestants will be chosen by the Blog Stars and East Coast Creative, but #12 will be chosen by popularity in the link party.  So go on over to East Coast Creative and give my thumbnail a click.  I'm #236. The most viewed link will be chosen as contestant #12.    Thanks!



Thanks for stopping by,
Christa